🇮🇶
Irak HaberleriIraq News in English
Loading...About
Russia says ready to hear new Ukraine proposals from US

Russia says ready to hear new Ukraine proposals from US

📍 Baghdad📆 Thursday📅 20 August 2026🕐 16:31✍️ Irak Haberleri
🎧 Listen to this article
A dedicated English MP3 is generated for this article.
Tap listen to prepare the audio.
WASHINGTON, United States — MOSCOW — Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said Friday that Moscow is prepared to listen to new proposals aimed at resolving the conflict with Ukraine. He noted that Washington has shown willingness toward "constructive dialogue and an understanding of Russia's position," but stressed that any suggestions must reflect "the reality on the ground." Ryabkov said the influence the United States holds over the Kyiv government and its European backers would be decisive in shaping the trajectory of talks. He added that Moscow is ready to hear new ideas from US Secretary of State Marco Rubio and to continue dialogue with Washington. Russia-US negotiations on Ukraine have largely stalled amid broad preoccupation with the Iran war, and the Kremlin has previously said it had no information about possible new visits to Moscow by US presidential envoys Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff. Rubio, meeting his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov in Manila last month, reiterated Washington's commitment to ending the war but warned that no agreement was imminent. Russia continues to control roughly one-fifth of internationally recognized Ukrainian territory more than four and a half years after the war began. No further details on timing or format of any new contacts were immediately available.