๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ถ
Irak HaberleriIraq News in English
Loading...About
Mosul health authority confirms new hemorrhagic fever case

Mosul health authority confirms new hemorrhagic fever case

๐Ÿ“ Mosul๐Ÿ“† Tuesday๐Ÿ“… 18 August 2026๐Ÿ• 11:37โœ๏ธ Irak Haberleri
๐ŸŽง Listen to this article
A dedicated English MP3 is generated for this article.
Tap listen to prepare the audio.
MOSUL, Iraq โ€” Mosul Health Directorate confirmed a hemorrhagic fever case in a 45-year-old man from the Kayar district. The patient was initially admitted to Kayar General Hospital as a suspected case, and blood samples were sent to the Central Public Health Laboratory in Baghdad. After the samples tested positive, the patient was transferred to Al-Shifa Hospital for Infectious Diseases in Mosul and placed under the treatment protocol. The health directorate also reported that a child from the Bashika district had been diagnosed with the disease on June 10, 2026. The latest case brought the number recorded in Nineveh in recent weeks to four. Earlier this month, the directorate said a 57-year-old man from Shirqat district in Saladin had contracted the disease. Two young people from Kayar who had previously been diagnosed were discharged after completing treatment, the directorate said.