๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ถ
Irak HaberleriIraq News in English
Loading...About
Diyala police deny armed attack reports in Baquba

Diyala police deny armed attack reports in Baquba

๐Ÿ“ Diyala๐Ÿ“† Sunday๐Ÿ“… 23 August 2026๐Ÿ• 20:56โœ๏ธ Irak Haberleri
๐ŸŽง Listen to this article
A dedicated English MP3 is generated for this article.
Tap listen to prepare the audio.
BAQUBA, Iraq โ€” Diyala provincial police denied social media reports of an armed attack in the city of Baquba, saying the claims that one person was killed and another wounded were unfounded. In a statement, the provincial police directorate said the information circulating on some social media pages did not reflect reality and was misleading. It called on citizens and social media page administrators not to share unverified news. The directorate added that security information should be obtained only from official sources and that the city's security situation remained stable. It also said it reserved the right to take legal action against those deliberately spreading false reports. No further details were immediately available on the origin of the social media posts or whether any investigation had been opened.