🇮🇶
Irak HaberleriIraq News in English
Loading...About
Iranian adviser says Trump approved release of $24 billion in frozen Iranian assets

Iranian adviser says Trump approved release of $24 billion in frozen Iranian assets

📍 Iraq📆 Saturday📅 13 June 2026🕐 09:09✍️ Irak Haberleri
🎧 Listen to this article
A dedicated English MP3 is generated for this article.
Tap listen to prepare the audio.
WASHINGTON, United States — TEHRAN — An adviser to Iran's Supreme Expediency Discernment Council said U.S. President Donald Trump has approved the release of $24 billion in frozen Iranian assets but has not publicly announced the move. Brigadier General Mohsen Rezaei told Iran's Fars news agency that Trump has refrained from formally declaring the agreement. U.S. officials have repeatedly denied that any deal to release the funds is in place. Vice President JD Vance said earlier that no financial resources would be provided to Iran even if an agreement were signed. U.S. media, citing a senior official, reported that any deal would require Iran to destroy its enriched uranium stockpile on Iranian soil before it is transferred abroad. Rezaei's remarks come amid continuing differences in public assessments of the state of negotiations between Tehran and Washington. No official text of an agreement and no confirmed statement from the U.S. administration have been released.